If you ever see this Insect, please don’t try to kill it with your bare hands or touch it.
This insect spreads virus to the place of bodily contact and circulates the entire human system in seconds, it was first sighted in India.
This bugs feed on blood, biting people and animals around the eyes and mouth while they are sleeping. Their feces may contain the deadly parasite and it is during this process that the disease can be transferred. Dogs can also contract illness when they eat the bug or if they eat an infected animal’s feces. Early detection the infection is critical but it is also known as the “silent killer” because it may be asymptomatic until a major one appears abruptly. Regardless, be aware of the possible symptoms:
- poor coordination and confusion
- seizures or jerky movements
- swollen abdomen
- loss of appetite
- depression and lethargy
- increased heart rate
These symptoms can be quite common to other health problems but if you do notice them, there are specific tests available to detect the symptoms. If it is found early enough, it can be successfully treated. Also, you can help reduce the risk of exposure to this bug by doing the following:
- keep pets indoors at night since the bugs are nocturnal
- remove wood, brush, rock piles, etc. near your house or yard
- seal holes, cracks, gaps, etc. in your window screens and storage spaces
- keep outdoor dog houses elevated off of the ground
- place your outdoor lights away from your house as they attract the bugs
- keep your home and yard clean
Be kind enough to forward this information to be families and friends, do remember to educate the children never to kill an insect with bare hands or allow its secretion to touch their body.